Last Minute Leisel

Just on time or a few min late. "I'm Late, I'm late, I'm Late. - White Rabbit Alice in Wonderland

Friday, October 17, 2008

Happiness

Ahh, true happiness has seeped its way into my life more fully. I am overwhelmed by the simple happiness that my life is filled with. My son Russell is a gem in my life, giving a new value to waking up every morning. He is so happy all the time! He smiles and plays and laughs all day. He loves the simple things, dirt, a puddle, a ball, a bug. He talks all the time about things that are big and small, and screams with delight when he sees a city or school bus. His joy isn't complete till he shares the joy of a white city bus, or yellow school bus we pass in our errand running.
How did I forget to find joy in all these little things? I know I was once a happy little kid just like that. I am happy to be sure, but sometimes it is more complicated than an excursion to the back yard. I have been trying lately to find greater happiness in the little things. The more I look at the little things the more I realize what big blessings they are.
My husband is awesome for starters. I really hope that I can help raise Russell to be that kind of wonderful. He sure has a great example to follow. I want to be a great mom, and I know lots, but sometimes I get off track and make a big deal out of little problems. Russell is a delight to my soul, and this new baby bumping around inside me has me all excited about being a mother of two.
Simple is so beautiful, I am going to try more of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home