Last Minute Leisel

Just on time or a few min late. "I'm Late, I'm late, I'm Late. - White Rabbit Alice in Wonderland

Friday, December 15, 2006

Airport Adventure

Traveling during the holidays can be a huge stress, but being able to travel is such a blessing. Today we expected to be leaving the Charleston Airport at about 5:30. However due to fog in Charolette, our connecting flight to Colorado, we were delayed and delayed and delayed. Randy and I made use of the morning catching up on our sleep and talking to other passengers. It is sad to see that so many people take there anger out on people who have no control over wheather conditions. I myself would prefer to be safe rather than risk flying in the fog.
So about 6 hours after our original flight time we left Charleston on a changed flight to Dallas Texas. That flight also had delays, and so again we missed our connectin flight. So we waited inline and felt sorry for the ticket agents who have been trying to reange the flights. We now have flight to Colorado at 5:20 and on first class!!!! It pays to be patient.
We are curently waiting at the USO in the Dallas Airport in absolute bliss and luxury. It is a beautiful benifit of being in the US Navy. There is food, entertainment and a place to rest in peace. A soft comfortable recliner is calling my name, so I am going to take a break. It beats a terminal seat and even a choch seat on the plane all to heck. :) We are all smiles and joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home