Last Minute Leisel

Just on time or a few min late. "I'm Late, I'm late, I'm Late. - White Rabbit Alice in Wonderland

Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Big Beach Bummer

How many years and how many children do you have before you start to figure things out? I ask because Tuesday I made some pretty big mistakes. It all started well enough, carefully packing and preprepared, even leaving on time.

Once we got to the beach though I realized that I wouldn't be able to use the stroller in the sand. So I loaded myself up and started walking (even grabbing the baby in his carseat). Why didn't I just carry him? This was immediately followed by Russell whining "Mom you are walking too fast!" and Amellia saying "Mom too heavy" She was carrying a tin bucket and plastic cup. If you can believe it we were still a foot ball field away from the beach line where we needed to be, and only feet from the car. I should have just turned around. It took a while and two trips back along the way to carry everything and everybody (tears and all to the beach) Everything was magically lighter on the beach. The kids picked up all their toys and once and tried to run off.

I had to wrangle them back and slather on the sun screen. Then it was an ultimate Wrestling match between me and the awning. It turned into a giant kite. I was feeling more and more defeated by this excursion as you can imagine so I got angry and tried to force the awning into the sand. A wonderful friend of mine tried to help me when she came, but to no avail. In the end it laid lifeless and unhelpful on the sand.

While I had been wrestling the "Kite" Amellia had been bumped by it and became hysterical when ever it fluttered, and Ryland cried from being thirsty and not being held.

I must admit that for over and hour everything went great. We talked blew bubbles, waded in the water, and enjoyed the sun.

Leaving though was just as fussy if not more. The kids fell sleep as soon as we got in the car and I having committed no murder treated myself to a blue coconut icee and a burger. Wednesday I realized that I had bruised my fore arms and shoulders carrying too much stuff. Summer, Bring it on. I won't make the same mistakes again. LOL

-Yeah this will be funnier the father away from it I get.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home