Last Minute Leisel

Just on time or a few min late. "I'm Late, I'm late, I'm Late. - White Rabbit Alice in Wonderland

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Car goes vroommmmm....

I have fallen in love! With the Toyota Avalon. While we were in Georgia looking for a house our realtor drove us all over in hers. WOW! It fits two car seats and an adult in the back seat. No matter how far I scooted my seat back it didn't get any where near the passenger. The floor in the back was like a van, no console or anything. So if you were sitting in the center of the back your feet aren't six inches higher( and in my case under your chin). It gets great gas mileage and has way cool features. I built my dream one on line.
THAT IS WHEN I FELL OFF MY CHAIR!!!!! Toyota Avalon's fully loaded cost 32,000.00$ Can you imagine the insurance? Even the five year old used ones are 18,000.00. Good grief. I guess I will have to save my shekels for a while, (the sort of while that lasts 10 years). I found one in Jacksonville for 8000 but it is a 92 or something and with a house payment now it is a no go.
Well it is good to have dreams uhh? I love my little zippy civic, but man did it feel cramped after having some serious elbow room. Who knew space could cost you so much?

3 Comments:

  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger heidigoseek said...

    we've never bought a new car. the cost is way too painful! hope you can find something with room without the big tag!

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Blogger jaesi said...

    No joke....my grams has one and we all fight over who gets to drive her to dr. appointments....I always tell her to leave the car to me in her will....that and her wedding ring ;)
    I cant wait to hear about your house!!!!

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger Janice said...

    I had a thought for you Leisel! My grandparents bought an Avalon awhile back - they got it from a mission sale. After so many years, the mission will sell the cars for an extremely low price. Maybe you should check into it and see if this mission has any Avalons and when they would go on sale. They are definitely roomy and luxurious!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home