Last Minute Leisel

Just on time or a few min late. "I'm Late, I'm late, I'm Late. - White Rabbit Alice in Wonderland

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A trip to the Court house..

I spent two hours this morning in the Norfolk Court house waiting to dispute a parking violation. The citation was dismissed, thankfully. While I was listening to the various cases, it was interesting to me to see how many people just pleaded guilty and then talked patiently with the judge about the wrong doing and sentencing. There were only 2 women who let a little emotion escape. I was also so sad to see several sailors there for DUI's. What a tragedy, when so many options for transportation are available. The military punishment for such a violation is severe enough, let alone to have it compounded by a state fine, and other punishment. I am so glad that my Sailor doesn't drink. It saves us money, and time, and even more precious it saves lives.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM , Blogger heidigoseek said...

    i think the judge usually appreciates the person who comes in and doesn't argue, just goes along with the system. a trip to the courthouse is always an eye-opening experience.

     
  • At 6:47 PM , Blogger Shawn and Mish said...

    SERIOUSLY! I can't believe how quickly, and willingly, some people give up a great job just for a few hours of fun and senselessness (sp). The should try parenting instead. Got your highs and lows, and no hangovers.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home